Burnout is a big deal and people in the entrepreneurial space are particularly susceptible to it, Both Jonathan and I [Luke] have been there – more than once.
In this episode we tackle the topic and how to avoid it and how to recover when you do experience it.
- [0:00] Intro
- [1:15] Defining Burnout
- [3:20] Why do Entrepreneurs get hit so hard?
- [5:12] Decision Fatigue
- [6:08] The Power of tiny habits & Discipline
- [9:45] Catharsis in busywork
- [10:36] Cultivating Self-awareness
- [12:30] Coping mechanisms
- [14:54] Nutrition & Exercise
- [17:44] Recovery, escapism,sleep and rest
- [21:21] Enough with the self-loathing
- [22:54] Harnessing faith in recovery
- [25:17] The role of friends
- [26:13] Is there a place for gritting your teeth and grinding through it?
- [29:21] Closing remarks